03 December 2010

Girl in the Bubble

It's been a rather rough week...

At least Thanksgiving was fabulous! (And delicious!) It seems I'm never sure whether or not it's worth it to go all the way back to Indiana for a short period of time, but I always end up glad I did. Even the drive wasn't that bad - aside from holiday traffic on the turnpike holding me up an extra hour. I hate that that highway is the only convenient way to get across the state. And it's even more irritating that it's a toll road, so I'm paying to wait in a long line of cars with no feasible alternate route.

By the way, it turns out that a larger carrier does not make Kitty feel any better about car trips.

Anyhow, a short six hours after returning to my apartment, I woke up in the wee morning hours with a alimentary canal-cleansing stomach flu. Still don't know how and where I got it. Most of Monday was spent in and out of sleep. Tuesday was the same, but without the purging. I would have recovered nicely, but for the migraine that set in Tuesday night and carried well into Wednesday, keeping me from sleeping. It was a pretty awful night. It took me awhile to realize that my neighbor's TV wasn't actually getting louder; it was just gradually causing me more pain. Thursday I finally went to class, but still felt pretty nauseous and gross. I just today got to the point where I'm almost actually eating normally....

Like I said -- rough week. Every time we start a new segment, I tell myself that I'm going to hit the ground running and stay on top of all the material. I never do. But at least this time I have a good reason.

Registered for the USMLE Step 1. (Can you believe it -- I've been at it this long and this is only step one?) Mark your calendars for May 4th, people! And don't expect me at any event between now and then, because -- if all goes according to plan -- I will be deep within my study cave.

Alisha & I plastic-insulated our windows this week... which is good, because they're pretty drafty. (Still a little. Need caulk.) It's really rather fun, like living in a bubble of saran wrap. Kitty's not a fan, though... Hope he doesn't find he can destroy it with his claws; there's a finite number of times I'm willing to re-insulate a window...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?